Thursday, September 15, 2011

It's About Darn Time!


Since my sisters keep (lovingly) nagging me about updating my blog I figured it was about time I post something. Life has been a little hectic for us this summer. Jeff finished school in August and started working at the Red Rock Country club shortly after. He is still working at Costco in the morning as well so any free time we get together is precious. I have been babysitting full time (40 hrs a week) since July. I am exhausted but grateful that I can be home with my kids and still contribute financially to our family.
About a month ago we found out that our rental home had gone into foreclosure and would be sold at auction. It was a bit of a shock at first and added a lot of unwanted stress but we found a house that we absolutely love just one street over so we are grateful that things worked out the way they did. We will now have a small backyard, a fire place (yay!) and a fun play room that will be great for babysitting. We will also be living right by some great friends of ours. This whole experience has reconfirmed to me that everything happens for a reason. We move in one week and I can't wait!
One other reason I haven't posted lately is because my camera died :( I feel lost without it. These are the last pictures I took with it. Toni and Trevor came for a visit back in July. They were here the weekend of Jeff's birthday. This was their first trip to Vegas so we spent a day down on the strip showing them the sights.

{Rainforest Cafe}

Lexi loved the fish!
Cheers!
{Coke World}
Crazy Uncle Jeff and Mathew


{M&M World}


Toni, Trevor, Lexi and Mathew
{New York New York}
We also went to Circus Circus that afternoon. By then my camera had died so I wasn't able to get any pictures but we had a blast. That night Toni and I got to go do some shopping together while the guys stayed home and watched the kids. It was so nice to get to spend some time with her.
I'm hoping once we get settled into the new house I can get back to crafting and blogging regularly. I have a lot of projects in the works for the holidays. Jeff is also graduating in October so we will have a lot of family here to celebrate with us. I am looking forward to the next few months and all that they have in store.

1 comment:

DesertHen said...

So glad you were finally able to get a post to actually post. =) What a busy summer you have had! Hope the move went well? Now to settle in and get back to "normal".