Monday, May 16, 2011

My First Skirt!

A couple weeks ago I decided I wanted to make Andie a cute skirt to wear to Grandpa's Birthday party. I guess it wasn't technically my first skirt if you count the hideous one I made once upon a time in 4-H. That one however was made with a difficult pattern and some super ugly denim print material. This one was made with a lot of guess work and a bright, fun summery print!






I basically just started out with a long rectangle piece of fabric. I hemmed both long ends and then used elastic thread to shir it.



I sewed four lines across with the elastic thread to create a waist band. Once I had that done I measured Andie's waist, cut off the extra fabric and sewed the two end pieces together creating a skirt! It was that simple! I later added some pink ric rac to the bottom to give it a little detail but never got around to taking a picture of it after that.



Once I was done with the skirt I use the extra piece I had cut off to make a little dress for Andie's favorite dolly.


Next I plan on making a skirt for myself using the same basic method and some super cute black and white polka dot fabric!

No comments: