Sunday, May 15, 2011

Mother's Day Gifts

This year we spent Mother's Day down in Southern California celebrating Jeff's Grandpa's 80th Birthday. It was such a nice and relaxing weekend! I wanted to do something simple for Mother's Day gifts this year. I had tried making homemade fortune cookies for the first time a few weeks ago and a friend of mine thought they would make cute Mother's Day gifts. So she came over and we made them using the recipe found here. It took a little time to get the recipe just right but after some practice they turned out great!

I printed fortunes that said "Happy Mother's Day" and "We're so fortunate to have you in our lives!" and put them inside the cookies.





I bought Chinese take-out boxes at Michaels and put 7 cookies in each box.




To decorate them and make them look cute I made paper roses using the video tutorial found here. I added metal alligator clips to the back so they could be removed. I also tied some rafia around the box.




I really enjoyed making the roses. They were actually a lot less complicated than you would imagine them to be!




Oh, and the cookies were DELICIOUS! I probably ate about 20 of the ones that didn't turn out as well.

1 comment:

DesertHen said...

What a cute idea! Love the paper roses. Very creative ideas that really speak from the heart!