Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Snoopy and Charlie Brown Shirts!

When we told the kids we were going to Knotts Berry Farm Kaleb knew right away that he wanted to go dressed like Charlie Brown. I searched for shirts online but didn't like the high prices so I decided to make them shirts myself for a fraction of the price.

For Andie's shirt I found a simple outline of Snoopy online. I bought the shirt on sale at Joann's for $2 and got the sequins there as well for $.50. I laid the shirt directly on my computer screen and traced the picture on lightly with a pen. I first used tacky glue and glued on each sequin. Much to my dismay they all fell off the next day when I picked it up. I knew I had to sew all the sequins on to get them to stay. It took FOREVER. I was literally sewing until midnight the night before we left trying to get it done. I was so happy with how it turned out though and she absolutely loved it!


Kaleb's Charlie Brown shirt was fairly simple. I bought the shirt at the 99 cent store and got some black fabric paint at Joann's for $1. I again found an image online and traced it onto the shirt. I painted the front first, let it dry over night and then painted the back. It was so simple! Kaleb thought it was the greatest thing in the world. He even had me buzz his hair and give him a "Charlie Brown haircut" before we left.

I am so glad we were able to take them and make some great memories. I know it was a trip they won't soon forget. I will post more pictures of the trip soon!

2 comments:

Natalie Bergquist said...

Sooooooooo cute!!!!! Do your kids know they are the luckiest kids in the world?! You are so creative, clever and crafty. Love it!

DesertHen said...

Love the shirts! Now I want to see photos of your cuties wearing them...=)