Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Recent Projects

Lately it seems like I can't get anything finished. I keep starting projects and getting about half way done and then I put them in a pile to finish "someday". Well I have finally gotten a few of them done so I thought I would share them.

I'm still slightly obsessed with book page wreaths and I am always searching blogs for new ideas. I have seen several like this one lately and thought I would give it a try. I didn't like how the middle looked plain so I added a fabric rosette with felt and burlap leaves and some beads in the center. Right now it is hanging on my bedroom wall and though I am not 100% in love with it, it's starting to grow on me.

My sweet little Kaleb somehow got the idea that we should throw an Easter party for all of his friends. I was hoping to just do something small on Easter Sunday for our family but he has since invited just about every person he has seen, spent every night making "decorations" and "invitations" and will not stop talking about it. So we've decided to do a little lunch party sometime next month with all the kids in the neighborhood. I realized that I don't have a single Easter decoration so I hit up the Dollar Store to see what I could make on the cheap. I found these little eggs and this cute little white tree. I removed the eggs from the sticks, glued them on the branches, glued on the little bows and added a larger bow on the pot. It's cute and simple and Kaleb loves it.

We've been working hard on Kaleb's ABC's so we can hopefully put him in preschool soon. I wanted something to hang on the wall by our table so he could visualize the letters while he's writing. I printed the letters on the computer, cut them out and glued on card stock and covered them in contact paper. I then cut small strips of fabric, punched holes in the cards and tied them together. I think I will make another one soon with numbers so Andie can start working on them.



1 comment:

DesertHen said...

Love the little egg tree!