Friday, March 18, 2011

Kaleb's Room

If I had to choose a favorite room in our house it would be Kaleb's room. It has a camping/fishing theme and is as "Boy'ish" as you can possibly get. In our house in Utah I had put up a cute wallpaper border that I got at Cabela's and painted the bottom of the walls dark green. It was adorable. Since we're renting this house I can't paint but I wanted to put the left over border to use. I decided to make some signs to go above his bed.

I started with 3 of these wooden signs I found at the 99 cent store. They were the perfect size and the edges were already painted black. I peeled off the paper that was on them and brushed them with mod podge. I then cut the wallpaper border to the size it would need to be to fit the signs. I then mod podged them on and brushed mod podge on top as well.

I love how they turned out. And also love that I only spent $3 to make them.

They look great above his bed. This quilt is one of my favorite things in the room. I purchased it at Target when he was just a baby. The moose rug is from Sportsman's Warehouse and the fish picture is from a thrift store.

Here are a few more pictures of the fun things in his room.
What fishing room would be complete without a fishing creel? Since my budget didn't allow for a real one, we settled for a cheap one from Walmart. The string of fish were given to Kaleb by my grandpa Stan.

I found this Pottery Barn oar at Down East Outfitters in St. George. One of the hooks was broken off so I got it for about 90% the original price! The fishing vest was given to Kaleb by Jeff's parents.


Last is this little shelf that I got from ABC Distributing. It is filled with little things that I have collected over the past couple of years.

No comments: