Saturday, December 18, 2010

Busy Bee

The past few weeks I have spent every single free minute working on finishing up my homemade Christmas gifts. My sister-in-laws also had a holiday boutique in South Jordan and although I wasn't able to make it up there I made a few things for them to sell. It is safe to say that after this next week I will be taking a nice long break from being crafty.

I made several of these Christmas light garlands to sell at the boutique. I decided to keep one for myself to hang in the living room.

I made this wreath using some left over burlap from Halloween and some felt scraps. I have been making a lot of wreaths lately. I'm not sure why. For a while I was really into cutsie little signs with quotes on them. I have way too many in my house. I am now starting to think I have too many wreaths. Time to move onto a new obsession.


Another book page wreath. This one will find a new home Tuesday night. I am going to a Christmas party and we were instructed to bring a homemade white elephant gift.

Kaleb and I made this yarn ball snowman for his teacher at church. He absolutely adores her. Since tomorrow is his last day in her class before he moves on to the 4 year old class he wanted to take her a present.

Yet another wreath that I made for the boutique. My sister-in-law made one just like it when we were together for Thanksgiving and gave me all the extra scraps. Score! I never turn down free fabric!

Ok, I agree. The wreath obsession is getting ridiculous now. This one is made from coffee filters. I painted the edges before I separated them. Once they were dry I used massive amounts of hot glue and glued them on filter by filter......It took a while!

Here is another example of me not turning down free fabric. When I was at my parent's house back in October my mom let me go through boxes and bags full of fabric that had been given to her. Some came from a friend that was moving and needed to get rid of it and the rest came from a friend who is in a quilting group. I found all these cute little strips of fabric and knew that they would be perfect as a little doll quilt for Andie. This quilt just makes me smile. I love all the bright colors and can't wait for Andie to open it Christmas morning.
I have a few more projects in the works so hopefully I can get them all finished up in time to share before we head to St. George for Christmas. I am making Kaleb a little magnetic fishing set that I know he will love! I will try to post pictures of that soon.

4 comments:

The White Clan said...

The book wreath is AMAZING!!! Good job friend! You are so blasted crafty!

Erin Terry said...

Thanks Kacey. This is the 5th book page wreath I have made and I love them!

Kim @ Life of a Modern Mom said...

Great projects!!! How did you make the Christmas light garland? It is awesome. :)

Erin Terry said...

Thanks Kim. It was pretty simple. I just cut out all the bulbs using a paper one I had cut out as a template. Each bulb has 2 pieces of felt. I sewed them all together then cut out green rectangles. I folded them over the bulbs and sewed across the bottom. That way it created a loop to string the ribbon through. Simple as that!