Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Inexpensive Nursery Wall Hangings

A few months ago my little sisters came to stay with us for a week. We spent most of our time working on Christmas presents for friends and family and some baby shower gifts for our nephew Mathew. They wanted to make something to go in his room. We searched the Internet for some ideas and found some very cute wall hangings on Target.com. Afterwards we went through my craft supplies and this is what we came up with.


I had several sheets of brown foam that I had bought for another project and never got around to making. I also have more felt scraps than I know what to do with. We cut out all the shapes for the animals first. We then cut out the leaves and sewed the lines on them using a sewing machine.

Next we used hot glue to assemble the animals piece by piece.


We cut around the edges of the foam with pinking shears and used raffia to hang them.



It was such a simple and inexpensive project! You can find foam sheets at Joann's Crafts, Walmart and Michaels for less than a dollar. I think these will look adorable in little Mathew's jungle bedroom.



Come back tomorrow for some fun Christmas gifts and crafts made using.........



Gerber Puffs Containers!


2 comments:

Natalie Bergquist said...

Sooooooo cute! Porter has a jungle theme room so I think these are too cute for that theme! And the upcoming doesn't have anything to do with bowling does it??? =P

Kim said...

Those are so cute. I really like jungle motifs for a child room.