Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Andie's Doll House

Remember this ugly little doll house I bought months ago at the DI? Well I have finally gotten around to working on it this past month. Andie's 2nd birthday is less than a month away so I knew I couldn't put it off any longer. Once I started sanding it down I realized it was in pretty bad shape. It had several layers of old paint on it and every time I sanded it the wood would crumble. So I just sanded as much as I could and put a couple coats of purple paint on it.
I used scrapbook paper to create the floors and wallpaper border. I cut the paper and mod podged it to the walls and floors. It now has a bedroom, nursery, kitchen and living room. I am still working on getting some more furniture and I am also making some pictures and fun things to hang on the walls.


1 comment:

HoneyScrap said...

This is so cute! I am planning a dollhouse bookshelf for my daughter for Christmas:) Saw all your great Disney ideas on Someday Crafts... I loved your Cinderella shirt and mouse ears! Thanks for linking back to me:)