Friday, September 10, 2010

Craft Therapy

Last night I had a friend over for some much needed craft therapy. Like me she is a stay at home mom and with only one car she spends her days at home taking care of her son while her husband attends school. We decided that we need to do a craft night at least once a week so we can relax and take a break from the stresses of everyday life!

I have seen a lot of great tutorials lately for fall and Halloween decorations. One of my favorites is this Halloween Banner by Army Wife Quilter: http://armywifequilter.blogspot.com/2010/09/halloween-banner.html

I wanted to make a banner too but didn't have the time to put as much detail into it so I came up with this very simple idea made using felt, hot glue and ribbon.


The project we did together was these cute burlap pumpkins. We used the tutorial found @ Middle Ground: http://my-middle-ground.blogspot.com/2010/08/i-have-fall-fever-i-am-sooo-ready-for.html
Both were very simple projects. It only took us about 2 hours and the best part was that I had all the supplies on hand, so it didn't cost a dime! Can't wait to do it again next week!

3 comments:

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

Erin - Great fall crafts - I really like your banner - it's super cute! I'll be featuring this tomorrow - Stop by and grab a featured button if you like. Thanks for linking up to the Sunday Showcase. I greatly appreciate it. Hope you have a fabulous week. Stephanie Lynn

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Love this idea! I've featured you here:

http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/2010/09/diy-fall-halloween-decor.html

Have a great week!

Denise Marie said...

VERY cute, Sweets!!