Thursday, July 29, 2010

Now that I am babysitting and the kids are entertaining each other I have had a lot more time to get some sewing done. I have so many half finished projects laying around and I am so excited to finally get to finish some of them.
Andie got this stroller for her birthday last year and it was destroyed within a couple weeks. I just made this new cover for it and love how it turned out. My goal has been to use up all the fabric I already have before I buy anymore. I got a bunch of this fabric at the free yard sale that our church had a while back.
Kaleb still refuses to sleep in his own bed so I put a sleeping bag for him on our floor every night. He has a Mario stuffed animal that he got a couple years ago when he had surgery. He absolutely loves it and sleeps with it every night. I thought it would be fun to make Mario his own sleeping bag. I used fabric that I had left over from a rag quilt that I made years ago and I even had a zipper left over from Halloween costumes.

I have been trying to decorate Andie's room with out spending any money. I had a new twin size sheet that I had bought a while ago at the D.I.
I cut it up and made a crib sheet using the tutorial I found here:
I used the rest of the sheet and made a valance for her window. Since we are renting I can't hang curtain rods. The top part of our blinds are removable so I took it off and ran a small bead of hot glue along the edge. That way once we move I can remove the valance without damaging anything.
My little sisters are here visiting for the week so today we are going to work on some more crafty projects. I am going to make a sleeping bag for Emma's stuffed horse, some Christmas ornaments, baby doll quilts for our nieces and who knows what else!




No comments: