Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let the Fun Continue!

The next 5 days of our trip were just as much fun as the first 5! Wednesday was "Guys Day". The guys left the hotel at 5 am for an all day fishing trip. The girls stayed behind to take care of the kids. We took them to Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point. They were able to see all kinds of animals, ride ponies, go on a wagon ride and tons of other fun stuff. They absolutely loved it. After a lunch at Burger King we headed back to the hotel to relax. Once the kids woke up from their nap we headed over to the Dinosaur Museum. The guys returned back from their fishing trip very sunburned and exhausted. They all caught a lot of fish though which made the trip worth it. That night we went to IKEA! I love that place! After a little shopping and a frozen yogurt we headed back to the hotel for some much needed rest.
The next day we said goodbye to Jeff's family and headed to Winnemucca. That night we got to celebrate my niece Brooklynn's 1st birthday! It was great to see all of my family again. We spent 4 days there which included BBQing, picnicking, fishing (didn't catch anything!), seeing Eclipse again and just hanging out and talking to my sisters. Sunday we went to the park for the 4th of July celebration. The kids had a ton of fun on the bounce houses. They played games and saw lots of animals in the petting zoo my mom was helping with. I also got to visit with some friends that I hadn't seen in years. That afternoon Jeff treated everyone to an amazing meal. Steaks, BBQ chicken, asparagus, salads, garlic bread, and my Uncle Stan's special bean recipe. We were all so stuffed we just sat around for hours relaxing until it was time for fireworks. I was impressed with Winnemucca's firework display this year. We all sat and watched them while enjoying a McDonalds milkshake (A family tradition for us). It was so nice to be there to celebrate this holiday with my family. I hadn't been back for the 4th of July since I moved 7 years ago. Overall it was a great vacation. We made many great memories and got some much needed rest. Now it's back to the grind for Jeff. He starts up his next 6 week block of classes tonight. He is excited that they will be cooking again. As for me I am just trying to get unpacked from the trip. It may take some time! After that I think I will get back to work on some sewing projects. We will be heading back to Winnemucca in October for Toni's baby shower and Halloween so I have a lot of projects to get done before then. Wish me luck!

No comments: