Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Catching up.......

Well things have been a little crazy around here lately. After being sick for about 5 weeks I am finally feeling good enough to actually get off the couch and do something! Jeff and the kids were sick as well so we have been spending as much time resting as possible. My birthday was June 4th and I had a great day! We took the kids to the movies to see Shrek and play in the arcade. Then we went and got some Cafe Rio. Jeff got me a Lemon Meringue Pie from Marie Calendars and it was AMAZING. I've never been much of a cake person so for as long as I can remember we have always had pie on my birthday. The kids were so excited to help me blow out the candles.
Kaleb really enjoyed the pie......
Andie didn't like it at all so she chose to sit on the floor and play peek-a-boo.
I wish I had gotten a picture of Jeff. He's always the one taking them so I never have pictures of him on here. Oh, well. I'll get some good ones on his birthday. He's hoping to go on a camping trip.


I've been working on some craft projects the last few weeks. It seems like I always have a bunch of things started but never finished. Here is one thing I actually got done though. It is another variation of the book wreath I made last month. I think I still like the other one more but this one turned out pretty cool.

I have been searching for dollhouse furniture for a while. I am refinishing an old dollhouse for Andie for her birthday this year. I was so excited when I found these at Michaels yesterday. The best part was that they were only $1 each! I am so excited to paint them and get working on the house again. I haven't done much beyond sanding it since it's about 100 degrees in our garage right now. I'll get working on it soon though.

And last, but definitely not least, I made a bunch of these "Forks" earrings to get ready for the Eclipse premier in exactly 2 weeks! I don't usually get into stuff this much but I am really looking forward to this. I get to go up to Salt Lake with my mother-in-law and sister-in-laws to go to "Twifest" and see the movie. Rochelle and I are dressing up for the costume contest. She is going to be Bella and I will be Alice. I have been putting together my costume and it is fabulous. I will also be getting my hair cut and dying it dark brown. I will post pictures of that soon!
As if all this isn't enough I am also getting ready to have a yard sale this weekend. I figured I better take the opportunity to get rid of some junk around here and get some extra $ for the trip. I have a lot to do before Saturday so I will be very happy when it's all over and we can leave for our trip next week!





No comments: