Friday, May 7, 2010

J-E-L-L-O

Last night the kids and I made jello jigglers together.
It's funny how something so simple can make them so happy!
It made me happy too. I quickly remembered just how
much I LOVE green jello.
Kaleb couldn't get enough!

Andie wanted one and then refused to touch it. She just sat
there smiling the whole time.

Kaleb was showing off that he cut them out
himself with cookie cutters.

And just a funny green jello story in honor of my amazing mom this Mother's Day weekend.......When I was 4 I had to have emergency
surgery to have my appendix removed. I spent a week in the hospital and my mom stayed there the entire week as well. She slept in the hospital bed next to me. I was very young, but I remember everything about that week. I remember that my mom only left my side twice the whole time I was there. The first time was to go and get some clothes and things she would need while staying there. The second time she went to the grocery store to buy me green jello and chicken noodle soup. All the hospital cafeteria had was red jello and I was a pretty picky little girl. Green jello was my favorite. It was what my great grandma Ruth would always make for us when we went to her house for lunch. I will never forget the things my mom did for me. Even the little things as simple as this. We didn't have a lot of time together here on this earth, so the little memories are all I have.



It's funny how something so simple can bring back so many wonderful memories.
So, I thought it would be fun to hear what fun memories you have of your moms. What are some of the things that they did for you growing up that you will never forget?

No comments: