Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Gettin Crafty....

Here are just a few of the projects I've been working on lately.......
I like surfing blogs, finding tons of fun projects and making them my own. I saw this wreath on http://http//livingwithlindsay.com/2009/11/librarians-please-avert-your-eyes.html
and absolutely fell in love with it! It is made from the pages of a book. If you check out this site it has a full tutorial so you can make one too!
I was tired of the big bulky plastic cover that came with my sewing machine so I made this one for myself on Mother's Day. I had seen one similar to this on Etsy a while back for $40. I used fabric that I had gotten a while ago at a thrift store and some buttons out of the stash that Jeff's Grandma gave me. So I probably only spent about $2 to make this! I still need to attach the straps on the sides to secure to the buttons to hold it in place.

Here is another idea that I came across and love! You can find it here.....http://solovelycreations.blogspot.com/2009/03/cirlces-oh-circles.html.
I buy these embroidery hoops every time I see one at a thrift store. They are usually only about 50 cents. The fabric is just a bunch of scraps I had left over from making nursing covers. I needed something for the big wall above my computer and thought this was perfect.
I love being able to look around my house and see things that I have created.

I am now off to get started on some sewing for Christmas. Yes I know it is only May, but I am making all of our Christmas gifts this year so I have A LOT to get done!


3 comments:

Rochellemagee said...

Mad crafting skills from Erin! Now I just need to learn how to sew so we can have a sewing party! :)

Natalie Bergquist said...

You are so creative and talented! You are so amazing!

Erin Terry said...

Thanks Nat :)