Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Date With Kaleb

Today I got to have a special "Date" with Kaleb. Jeff got home from work early so he stayed home and napped with Andie while Kaleb and I went and had some fun. We went to Barnes and Noble for story time. Kaleb has really gotten excited about reading lately and I think it is great. I love to read now but I hated it growing up so I think it is really important to encourage it while my kids are young. He was so excited to be there with all the other kids. After reading he got cookies and juice and got to color a picture and hang it on the wall all by himself. He was so proud! Next I let him choose what he wanted for lunch. He chose to go to Target and have a hot dog. I was very proud of him for that choice :) I will take any excuse to go to Target. Then we did a little shopping and headed home just in time to get Miss Andie up from her nap. So overall it was a fun day. I love that it doesn't take very much to make him so happy. It was so great to get to spend some one on one time with him. We don't get to as much as we used to and I have missed it.
I am so grateful that Heavenly Father has blessed me with these children. There are times when I am having a bad day and not being the best mommy I can be and I wonder to myself how I could be so lucky and why he chose me. I know there are so many women who are unable to have children and would do anything for them and I feel like I take them for granted sometimes. Every night I get down on my knees and thank the Lord for trusting me with these sweet spirits and having faith in me to raise them right. I hope I am not disappointing him.

2 comments:

Natalie Bergquist said...

That is so cute; what a sweet memorable day with such a cute boy!

The White Clan said...

You are a great mom! Those days are the things that make it all worth it. Because there are those days where we wonder what we were thinking. :)