Monday, April 5, 2010

Spring Break

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Spring Break 2010
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Free picture slideshow made with Smilebox



We had a very busy Spring Break this year. We decided to take the week to head back to St George to work. Jeff was able to work at Costco there a few days and I did a couple days at the dentist office. Fortunately while we were there Jeff got a call that he was finally hired on at the Summerlin Costco (he has been trying to transfer there for almost 5 months!) So we are very excited that he gets to start working again tomorrow.
We did manage to squeeze in a lot of fun stuff too. The kids and I spent some time with my grandma taking care of her horses. They both loved feeding them. Didn't get a chance to ride them this trip but maybe next time. We were able to go to a neighborhood Easter egg hunt and breakfast Saturday morning in our old neighborhood. It was so nice to get to see everyone but it made me realize just how much I miss living there! That same day we went hiking with my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins to see some dinosaur tracks. The kids spent about an hour playing in the sand. I didn't think we would ever be able to get all the red dirt out of their hair and clothes! That is one of the things I love about Utah though. It is such a beautiful place.
We continued our fun with dying Easter eggs with Jeff's sister and her family. It was quite an experience to dye eggs with two 3 year olds and two 1 year olds! Easter morning we got up to see if the Easter Bunny had come. Kaleb was quite excited that the bunny ate the carrots he had left out for him. He also left them baskets with fun toys and way too much candy! Jeff's parents had been in California for a couple days and they got back Easter afternoon. Jeff had an amazing dinner waiting on the table when they got there. I wish I could put into words how delicious it was. He made a ham with a mustard, brown sugar and gingersnap glaze. We also had some collard greens and kale, grilled pineapple with boysenberry honey, and funeral potatoes (my favorite). For desert he hollowed out the center of the biggest strawberries I have ever seen and piped in cheesecake filling. As you can see in the pictures, everyone enjoyed them!
Overall it was an amazing week but we are glad to be back home and sleeping in our own beds! Now I have just enough time to get everything unpacked and washed, clean my house, finish up the quilt, pillow cases, and curtain I am making for my little sister's birthday, pack again and head to my parents house this weekend. I am so excited to go. My grandparents will be there from Montana. They haven't had the chance to meet our little Andie yet so I am very excited to get some pictures of her with them. Should be a very fun but exhausting week! Hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

No comments: