Thursday, April 29, 2010

Meet Percy Jackson


































Well I'd like to introduce the newest member of our family. His name is Perseus (aka Percy Jackson). Kaleb talked me into bringing this little fur ball home when we went to visit my parents. I have to admit that it didn't take very much convincing. I have always loved cats. I can't think of a time growing up that we didn't have at least one cat in our house. When Jeff and I got married we bought a cat from a pet store. I think it had been shipped there directly from hell. It was the most evil cat I have ever seen and I made Jeff take her to the pound shortly before Kaleb was born. Since then we have been a little hesitant to get another one. Things were a little rough for the first week or so of having Percy in our home. I think I would rather potty train a stubborn child then have to deal with litter box training again! But so far he has turned out to be a very lovable and playful cat. He puts up with the kids constantly picking him up, swinging him around, throwing him in the air, and today Kaleb decided it was a good idea to carry him around in his backpack for a while so he wouldn't get lost. Andie was pretty rough with him at first but she is getting better. She likes to rub noses with him which makes her giggle like crazy! His favorite spot to nap is in my lap while I am on the computer. As you can see in the picture (and yes, I am wearing my Ho Ho Ho pants in April) he likes to lay on his back and be as comfortable as possible. Andie likes to lounge in the scratch pad that we got him and Kaleb likes to ride around with him in the basket of his scooter. (I know some day my kids will hate me for posting these semi naked pictures of them).

Overall, I'm happy that we decided to make him a part of our family and I look forward to all the fun we will have with him in the next few years.

1 comment:

Natalie Bergquist said...

So cute!!!!!! Percy is adorable but the potty training thing is rough. With our first puppy not a big deal but with the second one felt like forever! I come from a family of cat lovers but married into a family of cat-haters but I love my little whisker friends! =) Congrats on the new addition!!!