Sunday, April 18, 2010

Grandparents

I LOVE this picture! Kaleb
didn't think grandpa could catch him!

Two of the most amazing people I have
ever known!

The kids didnt want to cooperate but
I'm so glad I got a picture of them together!
(Is my daughter giving me the "loser" sign?)
While we were at my parents house last week it worked out that my grandparents were there
too from Montana. I hadn't seen them since I was pregnant with Andie so I was so excited that they finally got the chance to meet her.
My grandparents are amazing people and they mean the world to me. Some of you may not know that my mom passed away when I was 8 years old after a courageous battle with cervical cancer. My grandparents stepped in and helped my dad in anyway they could. They made sure that life was as normal as possible for me and my sister and they turned what could have been a horrible time in my life into a very happy time. After they moved to Montana we enjoyed visiting them there every summer. It is still one of my favorite places to visit. There'snothing like spending an afternoon fishing with my grandpa or sitting on the back deck,watching the deer and relaxing with my grandma.
I know they wont read this but I want them to know how much I love and appreciate them. After 61 years of marriage they are still going strong. They are such an amazing example to me and I cherish each and every memory I have made with them in my 24 years as their granddaughter!

1 comment:

Amy said...

That's so sweet! I didn't know the whole story about your childhood but I can see why you adore these people they look so sweet and tender. We miss you guys!