Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Upcoming Projects

So last year we decided to do a mostly homemade Christmas. Money was tight but more than that we wanted our kids to learn the true spirit of Christmas at a young age. I hope that is something they can pass on to their own children someday. It turned out great and they absolutely love the felt kitchen and bowling set I made them. We decided to do the same thing this year for Christmas and for their birthdays as well. I know it is only March but now that I am staying home full time I thought I would take advantage of the time that I have to get an early start on things. I decided that I want to refinish a doll house for Andie for her birthday. I have been searching for one at Deseret Industries and found this one last time I was in St. George. It was only $10! I am so excited to get started on it and turn this ugly little dollhouse into something beatutiful!

For Kaleb's birthday I wanted to try making him another kitchen. The felt one I made is great because it rolls up and stores easily but he really wants a big one for his room. I found an example of one made out of a nightstand on one of my favorite blogs (homemadebyjill.blogspot.com). I found this little nightstand at Deseret Industries for $3!
Hopefully it will end up looking something like this........

For Christmas I am going to make them a felt play house. I found this one again on homemadebyjill. It fits over the kitchen table so we can take it down and store it easily.


I am so excited to get started on all my projects next week when we get back from St George. I'll keep posting pictures with my progress. Hopefully I'll get it all finished by Christmas!


1 comment:

Jen Sue Wild said...

Great ideas! I cant wait to see how they turn out.
I love home made christmass.