Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Strawberry Lemonade Bars

So about a week ago I mentioned on my Facebook page that I was making Strawberry Lemonade Bars and I would post the recipe on here the next day. Well I obviously didn't do as I said I would. The reason for that is that my bars were a total disaster and did not look anything like this picture which I "borrowed" from Homemade By Jill. It is no secret that I have absolutely NO baking skills but I was really hoping for a miracle when I attempted these. They just look soooo yummy. I guess I will just have to try again. I still wanted to pass on the recipe though in hopes that someone with great baking talent (hint, hint, wink, wink, Kacey) would make them and invite me over to sample them!


Strawberry Lemonade Bars

Crust
1/4 Cup Sugar
1/2 Cup Butter, Room Temperature
1 1/2 Cups All Purpose Flour
1/4 Tsp Salt

Filling
1 Cup Fresh Lemon Juice
2-3 Tsp Lemon Zest
1/2 Cup Pureed Strawberries
1 1/4 Cup Sugar
4 Large Eggs
1/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
1/2 Tsp Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp Salt

Preheat Oven to 350, Lightly grease a 9x13 inch pan.
Begin by making the crust
In a large bow, cream together sugar and butter, until smooth and fluffy. Working at a low speed, gradually beat in flour and salt until mixture is crumbly. Pour into prepared pan and press down into even layer. Bake for about 17 minutes until set at the edges.
While the crust bakes, prepare the filling.
In the bowl of a food processor, combine lemon juice, lemon zest, strawberry puree, sugar and eggs and process until smooth. Add in flower, baking powder and salt. Pulse until smooth.
Pour the filling over the hot crust when it has finished baking. Return pan to oven and bake for 23-26 minutes until the filling sets and there is a light brown "crust" on top. Cool completely before cutting and store in the fridge. Makes 24 Bars.


2 comments:

Jen Sue Wild said...

Yum these look yummy.. Lets just see if I wont mess them up..

The White Clan said...

I might just do that while you are in town.