Saturday, October 10, 2009

My Grandpa


So my grandpa got this monster buck this week in Nevada. You can tell by the look on his face how proud he is of it. Grandpa lives for hunting. So many of the memories I have of him as a child are of him hunting or fishing. He shot his first deer when he was 11 in Hollister California. He still has it hanging on his wall in his room with the newspaper article written about him.

My grandpa is an amazing man. He is so funny and such a hard worker. As a child, when my mom was sick, my sister and I would stay out at the ranch with him while my grandma took my mom to treatments. We loved every minute of it. After my mom passed away, we lived with my grandparents for a while. They sacrificed so much for us. We were so sad when they moved to Montana but have had many great trips to see them since then.

I hope that my children will have the opportunity to get to know them better and know how truly blessed we are to have been born into their family. Although they probably won't read this I just want them to know how much I love them and appreciate all they have done for me in my life.

No comments: